Earagail Arts Festival is hiring!
We are seeking a dynamic, experienced and highly motivated Volunteers & Outreach Coordinator to assist in the delivery of the 2016 festival programme.
The main focus of this role is driving our volunteer management program and providing ongoing support to volunteers.
- Researching and writing volunteer policies and procedures.
- Liaising with departments within their own organisation or with organisations for which they are recruiting volunteers (e.g. charities and councils) to understand how they work, develop partnerships and assess their volunteering needs.
- Generating appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the organisation.
- Raising staff awareness of the role and function of volunteers.
- Ensuring there is appropriate support and training for volunteers.
- Promoting volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Recruiting volunteers and ensuring they are appropriately matched and trained for a position.
- Organising rotas and providing inductions and training.
- Monitoring, supporting, motivating and accrediting volunteers and their work.
- Celebrating volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards and organising celebration events.
- Offering advice and information to volunteers and external organisations through face-to-face, telephone and email contact.
- Organising profile-raising events to attract new volunteers.
- Attending committees and meetings.
- Managing budgets and resources, including the reimbursement of expenses.
- Keeping up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and making any necessary modifications to accommodate changes.
- Working with multiple agencies across different sectors in order to establish good working relationships to influence decisions about volunteering.
- Monitoring and evaluating activities and writing reports for funders and trustees.
- Maintaining databases and undertaking any other administrative duties.
- Co-coordinating and delivering the Schools Outreach Programme.
Full Driving Licence and ideally own car required.
Type of Contract
10 week full-time contract starting Monday 23rd May, and remuneration of €375 per week.
Applicants are invited to submit:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae outlining suitability for the role and all relevant experience
- A letter of application (cover letter)
- Contact details for two professional referees
Applications will be accepted by email only and should be submitted to Edel Corcoran, Office Manager via email@example.com
If you have questions in relation to the role please email address above.
Closing Date-The closing date for receipt of all applications is 5pm Monday 16th May 2016
Interviews will be held in Letterkenny in the week commencing 16th May 2016.
The festival acknowledges applicants’ need for privacy and will take all necessary steps to ensure applications and interviews are handled confidentially.
Earagail Arts Festival is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise, respect and value differences and diversity. It is against Earagail Arts Festival’s policy to discriminate on grounds of sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability, race or membership of the travelling community.
Earagail Arts Festival is supported by the Arts Council, Donegal County Council and Failte Ireland.